- # Buy nothing days :20 (65%)
- # times ate out/purchased take out: 2
- # activities with loved ones: 10; these included video calls, good news calls and walks outside
- $ saved at Costco: No Costco visit this month; we’ve decided to not renew our membership as Costco is more expensive online and we’re not comfortable going to the store
- % over or under budget: 3% under budget (I’d abandoned the fun fund over the past couple years so it’s nice to be able to put money in there again)
- I have avoided the allure of online shopping and leaned into my stay at home life at the moment
- We supported a local restaurant we love and did a good job of eating the food we’ve purchased
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- I paid my school fees, books and applied to an MA program through my savings line
KEEP IN MIND
Not only are we in the midst of a pandemic but there’s an emergency order in place keeping us pretty close to home and removing the usual temptations. While this is a grand January , budget-wise, I hope it’s an outlier.
This month was fantastic. I’ve been trying to embrace the “Little Goes a Long Way” philosophy to encourage myself in moving but not pushing so hard I cause flare ups of pain.