We got the Costco sized pack of waffles from, well, Costco when we did our last grocery run. We ate peanut butter and waffles for most breakfasts last week.
ML mentioned that he would like a new topping if we were going to continue eating waffles this week. As we’re trying to eat healthy and not wanting to go to the grocery i took that as a minor challenge.
I had done a pantry check with lunches and dinners in mind. It turns out I had all the ingredients to make an easy compote.
I never can seem to follow a recipe so here’s what I did:
- 10 frozen apricots, halved
- 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- a drizzle of maple syrup at the end
- Put first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil
- used a wooden spoon to muddle fruit
- simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring and muddling occasionally
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup (~2tsp) to pot around the 10 minute mark
- transfer to glass jars to cool
It was a great way to use summer fruit had frozen from the market, add a new topping to the waffles, maintain our goal of healthy eating.