Thank you to Fabulous Frugality for nominating Saving Without Scrimping for the “One Lovely Blog Award”! Her tagline is Making frugal fun again! and boy does she do it! I love visiting
Guidelines for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Random Things:
- I’ve already begun Christmas gift shopping. We spend so much every year on gifts that I’ve begun the task of filling our gift closet with things I know people will love. I used to just shop sales but now I’m shopping sales with specific people in mind. There’s a post coming about this particular adventure.
- My favourite flower for the longest time were carnations. It really came down to the fact that they come in so many colours and that florists can easily ‘paint’ them. My current favourite is hydrangeas. They’re just balls of multi-colour joy! What’s not to love?
- I’ve been trying to reconnect with my faith recently in a secular way. This month was the breakthrough month. I’m still going to avoid church as I find that certain sermons can be awful for my mental health but I’m feeling more at peace with my spirituality.
- A lot of people speak about FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) but it scares me. I really had to think of that. I knew the big numbers were throwing me off but soon I realized it was that though I want to be financially independent I don’t want to retire early. So I’ll continue working on my financial independence and building a nest egg to follow whatever my dreams are, even if they don’t include early retirement.
- I’m a huge fan of country music. I’m currently on a Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Trisha Yearwood, Dixie Chicks, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney kick
- I used to be an adventurous coffee drinker but would stick to orange pekoe tea. Now I don’t drink coffee but I love trying new teas!
- I’m currently watching Supernatural and Arrested Development. I’ve tried Arrested Development before but wasn’t able to make it more than 2 episodes. I think I’m just in the right head space for it now :).
I nominate these lovely folks and hope you enjoy their blogs:
- St. Teddy’s Church
- Two are Better than One
- Dewey Hop
- Money Grasshopper
- Hart of the Forest
- A Great Big Beautiful World
- The Little Singaporean Lady
- The Minimalistic Mom Blog
- The Boeskool
- The CFO Mom Blog
- Getting real with Mental Health
- Another Frugal Blog
- Through my Lens
- You! I think you’re awesome. If you’ve read, liked a post or commented at any time you’re absolutely lovely.