I’ve taken a break from posting because I did the bad thing…I took a break from properly budgeting. I had started doing weekly checks with myself when I discovered early on that this system works best for me. Then we started the kitchen renovation last month and boy did the spending get overwhelming fast. This seems like a great time to reinstate monthly debriefing!
- # Buy nothing days :3
- # times ate out/purchased take out: 15
- # activities with loved ones: 10 (I’ve gotten bad at tracking this)
- $ saved at Costco: ?
- % over or under budget: 24% over budget (this means that I’ve overspent my paycheque as well)
- We’re nearly through the kitchen renovation
- We opted for pretty healthy options for the most part when eating out
- Recommitted to my work out routine
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- The washing machine died and we were able to put it on the same deferred payment plan as the kitchen
- The kitchen and home renovation pieces are all coming out of savings right now which feels pretty good
KEEP IN MIND
We began a major home renovation. Though I tried to fight the urge to buy new, pretty things for the kitchen I did succumb and purchase new mats, a pretty colander, jars to hold dry goods, and a much needed spoon. Our grocery spending seemed excessive but was a good reminder that purchasing ‘convenience’ food is definitely more expensive than purchasing ingredients.
March was a whirlwind of spending. I’ve already begun April without a lot of clear though but I’m definitely going to attempt to make it a bit of a frugal month.