I’ve got the week off and I’m really trying not to overbook myself.
I started 2017 with the intent to Stretch. The universe got on board and before I knew it I was given no choice but to be very gentle with myself. Not really what I was aiming for! However, I did learn that when I prioritizing self-care things still get done. In fact, not only do a remarkable number of things get done but I feel better about them.
I’m hoping that by putting my goals out here I’ll be kind to myself and the universe will conspire to help me keep them, albeit in a less painful way.
- Sleep in and read novels I get lost in
- Complete my course work for a certificate I’m working towards
- Spend leisurely time with Bunny listening to audio books
- Shop for the last couple of appliances we need and the flooring
- See friends/family a maximum of 4 times (or every other day on average)
- Take candlelit hot baths
- Move the rest of the ‘kitchen’ downstairs and set up a breakfast bar
- Enjoy gently exercises or vigorous dance parties as the mood strikes
- De-clutter the back basement
I’ve tried to give myself one fun ‘task’ for every work task. While I adore my friends and family, I can no longer go from party to party. Post-concussion I crave down time to balance.
Do you have time off between Christmas and New Year’s? Do you have any personal goals?