I’m a bit late reviewing my month and though it spent like I was spending lots I feel I did pretty well.
- # Buy nothing days : 16
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 6 uses in 2017): 0 – I suspect this will be pulled out in the summer
- # times ate out/purchased take out: 8
- # activities with loved ones: 12
- $ saved at Costco: $39.00
- % over or under budget: 5% over budget
- We were very responsible with our first trip to Costco
- We did really well on our pantry challenge
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- No savings were dipped in for this month
KEEP IN MIND
- This was the first month on my new, tighter budget. So while I was over budget, I still spent less than last month. This challenge is going to be a frugal reset for me and will hopefully result in me putting more money towards the kitchen reno.
Job well done, though I really need to bring that eating out line under control. Part of the cost is that ML and I are going out together more right now so I pay for both of us which inflates the amount spent. Since it’s something I enjoy doing with him, it means that I need to be selective about who I go out with and where we go if I want to have at least one nice meal out a month with him.