Carol recently did a post that asked a surprisingly hard question: What is on your 2017 list that is fun stuff, not about debt or work etc?
I left a brief comment that I really had to think about and really doesn’t make me feel really joyful. I want a list that makes me feel like this
I don’t know about you but everything seemed to come back to some sort of goal, whether it was finance, fitness or friend related. I also have a bad habit of turning fun lists into chore lists ( reading a magazine – check!) but this time I swore it would be different.
Drum roll please! Here’s my Fun 17 for 2017:
- Sit around and do nothing or something (reading, daydreaming, meditating, knitting)
- Experiment with the funky liqueurs that I got as gifts
- Pamper myself – bath oils, hair treatments etc
- Do a tour of the national parks within a 4 hour radius
- Once summer comes, eat outside
- Sing, out loud, whenever the feeling strikes me
- Dance when the mood hits (that crazy woman dancing to Britney in the grocery store might be me!)
- Open the curtains on bright days
- Light candles on dreary days
- Keep up the zero waste goals – I feel like a rockstar when we we don’t put out lots of garbage
- Stay in bed as late as I want on weekends (also don’t overbook my weekends)
- New recipes
- Tea with Bunny!
- Aim to blog at least twice a week
- Hang out with ML doing something fun, last year it was walking
- Say no to things that I know will be draining (yes I adore you, no I don’t want to go out)
- Because it is actually fun for me: see if I can increase my fun fund by spending less than I budget
How about you? What would make you crazy Kermit happy?