- # Buy nothing days : 19 days (as of the 29th)
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 6 uses in 2017): 0
- # times ate out/purchased take out: 6
- # activities with loved ones: TBD
- % over or under budget: 7% under budget (I’ll be doing some spending today so this will change a bit)
- Uber Frugal Month was a huge success! We spent a bit more than half the budgeted amount on groceries and I’ll be able to put a sizable chunk into my Fun Fund.
- In spite of my injury I didn’t soothe myself with purchasing things.
- This time last year I had 7 months to go on my consumer debt! Now the only debt I have is my mortgage. Paying it off in 10 years no longer seems like a crazy idea.
- ML is debt free!!!!!
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- I was able to pay for my parents car repairs from my savings and then get reimbursed
KEEP IN MIND
- February is going to be tough! I’ve got a conference, loads of lunches that got moved from January and I’m out of town for a chunk of it.
- Don’t get caught up in sale hype. If you don’t need in the foreseeable future don’t buy it (Looking at you tinned veg that was ‘on sale’)
- I probably won’t be this far under budget next month as I did cancel a lot of things this month
- I hope to keep the spirit of uber frugal month alive in February.
I’m really pleased with this month’s spending! Previously illness meant ‘treating myself’ to feel good food, a new book or a game of some sort. This time it meant free audiobooks on YouTube, Bunny cuddles, and making use of all my Christmas tea.