Well at least I’m hoping!
The last time I froze a bunch of things I didn’t remember to use it all. In fairness, the last time I wasn’t on a quest. I was simply trying a new way to feel organized.
This time freezing food is part of a much bigger picture: our better menu planning, reduction in food waste, and a frugal lifestyle.
I stilll feel like a newbie at the whole freezing food way. In spite of this fact I’m impressed at how much we have been using our deep freezer. In an attempt to ensure that I don’t waste I’m tracking what’s currently in the freezer:
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 packages of rice and sausage
- 2 packages of basmati rice
- 1 packages of okra
- 1/2 loaf of garlic bread
- 1 bag chips ( I was surprised to find that it worked)
- 1 pudding
- 2 packages of mini pizzas
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 2 packages of fries
- 2 packages of hash browns
- 1 pizza
- 1 packages of perogies
- 1 ham
- 1 packages of habanero pepper
- 2 packages of leeks
- 3 packages of zucchini
- 4 packages of green beans
- 6 packages of Roma tomatoes
- 2 packages of cherry tomatoes
I’ve got a few ideas about how to use these items. My aim is to use the majority of these by December.
I’d love to hear your tips on freezing foods or recipes to use these ingredients.