- # Buy nothing days :12 days
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 8 uses in 2016): 2+0=2
- # times used champagne saucers (aiming for 7 uses in 2016): 4+0=4
- # times ate out:6
- # activities with friends/family: 15
- % over or under budget: 1% over budget
- % of goal put toward ML’s debt:100%
- I spent over $100 more on bills than anticipated but was way less than $100 over budget!
- I did a lot of work in our home that resulted in the space feeling even better.
- That one percent over budget is the exact amount of my last purchase which was for Bunny as I’ve found a medication for her to try for her arthritis and as I was there I opted to purchase food for her.
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- Used medical line to pay for therapy
- Used my gift line for presents
- Used my home renovation line to put a down payment on a sectional
KEEP IN MIND
- September is going to be a busy month work-wise so I need to be flexible both with my budget and myself
- Bunny may be seeing an increase in her budget line as we’re getting her things to help her legs.
- No is a complete sentence! I need to learn how to say it nicely to people when their suggested events do not fit into our budget. This is from last month but it’s still true and definitely something I struggle with.
This month was fantastic! Yes, I went over budget but since I paid my furniture bill twice I’m not feeling badly about it. This just means that I will be done payments 1 month earlier than anticipated.
I’ve noticed that I’m consistently over-budget no matter how hard I try to stay within it. Something always seems to happen. This isn’t awful but it’s a reminder that I seem to consistently push my limits. When I’m over budget for something that helps me in the long run, I don’t mind it. This is the case in August. I’m over budget by a bit less than the extra furniture payment. In my mind this is a win.
I’m also pleasantly surprised that I didn’t feel stretched to my limit in Auugst considering that I had ~$100 less to play with it. 1% over budget when I had that experience is absolutely amazing!
Image courtesy arztasumia via freedigitalphotos.net