- # Buy nothing days :14 days
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 8 uses in 2016): 2+0=2
- # times used champagne saucers (aiming for 7 uses in 2016): 4+0=4
- # times ate out:4
- # activities with friends/family: 20
- % over or under budget:.23% over budget My budget geek is showing when I start tracking in decimals!
- % of goal put toward ML’s debt:35%
- ML & I hosted my parents a bunch of times and hosted a large family barbecue
- I took a week’s vacation and actually relaxed
- ML and I began chatting about our values and enjoying a deeper understanding of our individual relationships with money.
- I froze vegetables and made pickles!
- I bounced back from June! I was able to put money towards ML’s debt even if it isn’t as much as I had planned. I’m hoping that tracking if I can keep my promise will stop me from overspending.
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- Used medical line to pay for massage treatments
- Used my fun fund to stay in budget and cover some fancy hair products
- Used that lovely gift line for grad gifts and my parents’ anniversary gift
KEEP IN MIND
- As July was spent cleaning up June’s mess I wasn’t able to put as much to ML’s debt. August is my opportunity to help him battle his.
- I met with an Insurance/Investment advisor and we clicked.
- No is a complete sentence! I need to learn how to say it nicely to people when their suggested events do not fit into our budget. This is from last month but it’s still true and definitely something I struggle with.
This month was great in general. Even when certain lines didn’t stay in budget I was able to keep the overall show on the road!
Image courtesy arztasumia via freedigitalphotos.net