- # Buy nothing days : didn’t track; it was a bit overwhelming since I spent a lot
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 8 uses in 2016): 2+0=2
- # times used champagne saucers (aiming for 7 uses in 2016): 3+1=4
- # times ate out: 9
- # activities with friends/family: 8
- % over or under budget: 24%+ over budget;
- ML & I hosted both our families separately for Father’s Day and then hosted them jointly along with family friends another weekend
- June was my crazy work month and we made it through with a relatively clean house, no sniping at each other and were able to host as well
- I learnt what doesn’t work for me right now in terms of having money in an account so I will be leaving my paycheque in my LOC
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- Used medical line to pay for massage treatments since my shoulders have decided they’d like to spend some quality time with my ears.
- I had anticipated being ~13% over budget and I blew by that figure and dipped into debt. A huge part of it was forgetting how exhausting working 12 hour days can be. Next year, I’m going to start a small savings for June
KEEP IN MIND
- Even with breaking the bank in June, I’ve devised a July budget that should allow me to regain my step back. I just need to be diligent.
- No is a complete sentence! I need to learn how to say it nicely to people when their suggested events do not fit into our budget. This is from last month but it’s still true and definitely something I struggle with.
This month was a bit of letdown after the high in May but it was a great chance to learn more about my relationship with money. I’m looking forward to seeing if my adjustments to my July style help me maintain my debt free status.