The crazy week of working from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. is over. I’m relieved and I’m feeling really proud of the work that I did.
What I’m not so proud of is my spending habits last week. Some of it couldn’t be avoided: ML needed to visit a chiropodist, I went for massages to help with a pulled muscle, Bunny visited her vet and needed some tests done. Some of it however, could have been helped with better planning or saying no to myself. Things in this category are meals out, clothing, and other general treats.
Now it’s time to face the music and I don’t want to. I’m terrified of looking at my budget as I know I’ve already blown way past it. So tonight when I start working on the budget and feeling a bit poorly about my decisions I’m going to remember:
- I will most likely get reimbursed for all medical expenses (~$600)
- I will get reimbursed for $100 in work expenses
- ML & I didn’t argue or get snippy with each other once in the last 2 weeks in spite of my being stressed to the gills
- As opposed to previous years, I didn’t need significant medical attention following the week. Though not costly as it was covered by insurance I was miserable for at least 2 months following as it took that long for me to return to normal
- I’ve received multiple compliments on how refreshed and relaxed I looked
- Yay, mani/pedi and new shoes
- We generally made healthy choices when eating out rather than heading to McDonalds and the like.
- I did my first bit of proctoring so $82 will go to offsetting some of the extra costs I took on this month.
What do you do when you’re afraid to look at your budget?