Yesterday at lunch I began prepping my grocery list. Usually we’re alright if we play with our numbers a bit but this week I’m determined to not go over my budget. It took some doing but, using Reebee, I was able to compare and figure out the best deals for us.
|1 lb Peaches||$ 4.00|
|5 Kiwi||$ 3.00|
|2 packages of Rice cakes||$ 6.00|
|4 lbs Ground Chicken||$ 10.00|
|3 Tinned Beans||$ 2.37|
|Bathroom Tissue||$ 5.99|
Based on the list and our current pantry the menu stands as:
- Spaghetti with sauce and mushrooms
- Rice, ground chicken, green beans
- Quiche: eggs, sweet pepper and olives
- Curried cauliflower soup: plan is to use milk rather than cream and add potatoes
- Snacks: Yogurt,strawberries,kiwi,rice cakes, craisins and bananas
ML has bee wanting peach iced tea so I found a recipe that I’m going to try. We generally aim to keep our spending at $50/week at the grocery. Though as we’re both being more active we may have to increase this. I’m alright with an increase as long as we’re not spending on things we might waste or junk food. This week I’m feeling pretty good about our list.