I feel as though I’m constantly ill with a cold. This week was awful because we’re heading into our busy time at work where taking a day off can set me back quite a bit. In spite of this reality I’m also telling myself that I’m replaceable at work but not at home.
Therefore I worked a few half days and took today off to heal. Since next week is even busier I’m throwing everything I have at this cold. I even called my mum to ask for the hated tea she used to give us. It was a bitter concotion made of dried orange peels.
She laughed and said she has a much tastier recipe now. So along with cold medication, applying Vicks to my neck, chest and feet I’m sipping cups of this tea.
Orange Ginger Tea
- 1 orange, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 inch of Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Some whole cloves (5-6 is good)
- 2 cups of water
- You’re going to need a small pot to put everything in
- Mash the Ginger in it
- Juice the orange into it and put in the fruit as well
- Add all other ingredients
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for about 10 minutes
- Strain and serve hot
I find it quite sweet so I don’t add any sugar to it. It’s also based on what’s available, according to my mum the big ingredients are the ginger and orange.
Do you have any recipes that help you feel better when sick?