- # Buy nothing days : 14 days
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 8 uses in 2016): 2
- # times used champagne saucers (aiming for 7 uses in 2016): 2+1 = 3
- # times ate out: 7
- # activities with friends/family: 11
- # months until home improvement fund: 6 months
- % over or under budget: 3% under budget
- % consumer debt paid off: 22% for a total of 70% of the debt being paid since August.
- I had beefed up my car savings account and the work came in less than anticipated! This means I’ve got an even bigger buffer for the oil changes and such that will be happening
- We did loads of fun stuff this month: Deadpool date, went ballroom dancing, attended a friend’s birthday party and hosted a movie night without breaking the bank!
- I didn’t use the fun fund this month, rather the budget was able to accommodate the funds; there isn’t anything left to add to the fun fund but that’s alright.
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- Used my car savings to take car of some work and renew my licence.
- Used the gift savings line to purchase items for a couple of friends.
- Used the medical savings line to get a massage; have submitted this claim to my insurance company so hopefully I`ll get it back.
KEEP IN MIND
- The only reason this month worked and I didn’t touch the fun fund was that we didn’t do grocery shopping for the first 2 weeks ( not a long term strategy!)
- It’s my birthday next month and though I won’t host a party I will be celebrating with friends so this may affect some spending
- Next month we’ll also be driving to a kid’s birthday party so gas and gift are going to cost a bit more
- ML`s Christmas gift will most likely be purchased in March; as the game he wanted will be coming out then. That`s why gift savings exist!
I started feeling nervous toward the end of the month when I realized that I wouldn’t have much or any leftover money. This highlighted to me the fact that I need to ensure I am providing myself with balance. The budget is there so we can spend money! It’s going over the budget that’s a problem not using it all.