I’ve been voluntold (told to volunteer) for a bake sale at work. Clearly this was not in my budget both in terms of finance and time though at the end of the day even when there are no healthy groceries in the house I’ve got baking goodies.
A quick look in the pantry revealed:
- 7 boxes of cake mix
- 2 boxes of chocolate pudding
- 2 boxes of vanilla pudding
- 1 box of butterscotch pudding
That list left me with one easy choice: pudding poke cake.
My local dollar store has individual disposable cake pans like this:
So that should be my only additonal cost for this as I have all the ingredients at home.
My pudding poke cake recipe is very easy.
- Bake cake as directed. Ensure that you only fill the tin 1/2 way full.
- While cake is baking make pudding mix as directed.
- Once the cake is fairly cool use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in it.
- Pour/Spread pudding over cake.
This recipe is easy to make and can be made with any combination of cake mix and pudding.