Looking for a cheap, easy and tasty dinner? Rice!
You can add things to it, sauce it up or just plain season the heck out of it.
If you’re like me, in your quest to get the best price you may have picked up a bag of rice that comes with no instructions. In that case read on:
- Spices that you love (optional)
- The ratio I use is 2:1 (water:rice)
- Wash the rice – I really do recommend this step. I tend to rinse in a measuring cup until less cloudy.
- Add the spices to the water and bring it to a boil
- Add the rice, stir, then lower the heat and cover
- Cook covered for 20 minutes
- Remove lid and stir if liquid is evaporated
Now 20 minutes tends to work for me. Sometimes it’s longer so I hang around so as to avoid the burnt layer that is too happy to stick to the bottom of my pots.
Photo courtesy of winnond at FreeDigitalPhotos.net