- # Buy nothing days : 13 days
- # times used S’mores Maker (aiming for 15 uses in 2015): 6
- # times ate out: 5
- # activities with loved ones: 19
- # months until home improvement fund: 7 months (if every month is like August) 29 is probably more realistic
- % over or under budget: 3% under budget
- % consumer debt paid off: 20%
- I didn’t resort to credit once!
- Created separate savings accounts so I can see exactly how much money is available for the various items I’m saving for.
- I feel that my idea to put leftover budget money into a separate savings account is inspired. This way I’m not truly going over my budget. When an opportunity came to have drinks with a friend I was able to take a little out of that account without feeling guilty.
- When given the option to eat out or brown bag most of my colleagues have opted to bring their own.
- I was able to repay one of my savings lines with the leftover budget
DIP INTO SAVINGS/CREDIT
- Pretty soon I won’t be using the line but right now the medical piece keeps rearing it’s head. It felt great to know that I could dip into savings for this and not use credit!
- A sports expense I wasn’t anticipating that I would have to cover came up and I was able to dip into savings rather than blow the budget.
KEEP IN MIND
- Got to explore investing.
Budgeting weekly seems to be working for me. I was conscious of where my money was going but still open to experiences.