This post is inspired by Krista at From Food Stamps to a Future, who shared her guilty pleasures on Tuesday. Reading her list got me to thinking about how deprived you can feel when curbing your spending.
It’s so easy to add up all the things that you can’t do but I when thinking of my own lists none of the items break my budget.
In no particular order here are 5 things that bring me joy:
- Reading a fantastic book in a comfortable location. Price: free as I get all my books from the library or bookbub.
- Cuddling with Bunny. Price: free, I’m not counting the cost of keeping Bunny happy
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. Price: $5, this cake has special meaning to me and I get it a couple of times per year from a local bakery.
- Perfectly chilled cola. Price: ~$1, I don’t drink a lot of pop anymore but buy a case when it’s on sale for when I entertain
- West Indian Roti. Price: $10. This can be expensive for a lot of reasons, notice that I like it from a specific region? Well if I don’t make it at home I need to drive to a different city to get it and that involves paying for gas. If I’m really down or feeling quite ill I’ll make the trip. If it’s just a craving I’ll either make it myself or beg my mum.
What do you enjoy?
Image by anekoho at FreeDigitalPhotos.net