I remember when the microwave first came to my home. Once it came into being not only did we use it to heat left overs but we purchased all those microwave only things. Microwave popcorn being one of those novelty purchases that quickly became a staple.
When I began re-vamping my lifestyle I started taking out certain foods and popcorn took a hit. The problem is I love it! So I called my parents and got the ‘family recipe’ for popcorn.
- Popcorn kernels
- Vegetable Oil
- The ratio is 1:3 (oil: popcorn). I do this in tablespoons because three tablespoons of kernels gives me about 1.5 Cups of popcorn.
- Heat the oil in a covered saucepan- you want it hot but not popping
- In a small bowl measure out your kernels
- Carefully open the lid and empty your kernels into the pot
- Put the lid back on!
- Shake the pot a bit
- Listen to the joyful sound of the kernels popping
- Once the popping stops coming very quickly, shake the pot again
- Once there’s a lull between pops remove from heat and carefully remove the lid
- Pour your popcorn into a bowl, season and enjoy.
Time: 10 minutes
Image courtesy of Mister GC at FreeDigitalPhotos.net